I am often talking to my clients about fitness and healthy living as they relate to “REAL LIFE”
Real life looks like this………..
- The kids are sick, and you’re getting no sleep…
- A friend is going through cancer treatment and you visit daily…
- It’s Christmas/Thanksgiving/Passover or the long weekend…
- You’ve got a tight deadline at work…
- Your lower back is acting up…..
Real Life is usually NOT an existence in which everything is peaceful, calm, and totally in our control at all times. In the real world our lives are quite messy and unpredictable.
So here is the important question to ask this year as you make your resolutions…….
What does a renewed commitment to health and fitness look like for YOU — in the context of your unique and busy life?
- How could you make things “a little bit better” this year?
Remember, it’s not about perfection. It’s about progress. Don’t get frustrated if you eat an unhealthy meal, or miss a workout. Remember the great work you have done and commit to doing better tomorrow.
- What challenges do you anticipate might interfere with the progress you want to make? Identify your “crucial moments”. These are the moments when a specific temptation or situation distracts you from your goal. Consider how you can change your behavior in these moments in advance.
- What is one little thing you could do today to meet your goals? Start small. Maybe it’s researching a healthy meal delivery service, downloading a relaxing meditation, or booking a babysitter one evening a week.
Need some help? I am offering 50% off my Breakthrough Consultations in January!