I am in LOVE with this purple delight!
A high fiber diet is essential to maintaining good health and achieving weight loss, but the reality is that most people are not getting enough.
According to The Institute of Medicine, women need at least 25 grams of fiber each day, and men need at least 38 grams. If you are trying to achieve weight loss you need even more......40-50 g per day
This yummy breakfast drink contains an amazing 28 grams of fiber!
And......It is so delicious! I recommend drinking this smoothie for breakfast for a big boost of morning energy. Along with the fiber, the combination of protein and healthy fats will help stabilize your blood sugar and fuel your body with energy.
Into the blender........
- 16 ounces water or coconut water
- 1 serving protein powder or 2 Tbls hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk fiber supplement
- 1 banana (froen works well in smoothies)
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds