OH, YUMMY GOODNESS!
Lately I’ve been on a big energy ball kick! Energy balls provide long-lasting energy for busy days and are great for a quick breakfast, traveling, or fueling before and after workouts. Nuts and dates are powerful foods! The sweet energy and high fiber from the dates and the nutty protein release slowly into your body, giving you a steady drip of nutrition and fuel.
I found this recipe on one of my favorite vegan websites, Naturally Sassy. These balls are VERY easy to prepare and can be made in under 5 minutes! I make big batch on Sunday and keep them in the fridge all week.
2 Cups Peanuts
1 cup Medjool Dates
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
2) Place the peanuts on a roasting tray and roast for around 5-10 minutes until golden brown, but not burnt.
3) Add the peanuts to your food processor and pulse until the nuts are coarse (around 30 seconds).
4) Add the medjool dates and cinnamon process again, for around 2-3 minutes.
5) Shape into balls and roll in the coconut. Yum! Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
If you are looking for more great energy ball recipes,
Nutritionist & Personal Fitness Coach
Lisa Cohen, MS CN, is a Certified Nutritionist and Exercise Physiologist with a Masters Degree in Nutritional Science from American Health Sciences University. Lisa has been providing health coaching and nutritional counseling for 15 years and has helped her clients to dramatically improve the quality of their lives through the variety of health and fitness programs that she offers. read more »